Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our IP Docket department, in Chicago, as an IP Docket Clerk.
This role will provide professional docket support services to Mayer Brown’s intellectual property prosecution practice.
• Utilize the Firm’s intellectual property docket application to calendar events and deadlines related to foreign and domestic patent and trademark registration and renewal; domain name registration and enforcement; and other matters handled by the Firm’s Intellectual Property and Internet Practices
• Prepare and distribute reports and communications to the Firm regarding filing deadlines
• Correspond with foreign counsel regarding patent, trademark, and domain name deadlines/action dates
• File legal documents with courts and administrative agencies (both electronically & in paper form)
• General research regarding rules and procedures of various foreign and domestic administrative agencies, including the USPTO, TTAB, and ICANN
• Coordinate activities with vendors to provide support to the Docket Department fulfilling requests from attorneys. For example: courier services, services of process, retrieval of documents
• Maintain patent and trademark files
• Other projects and duties as assigned
• Proficient with MS Office applications including: Word, Excel and Outlook
• Keyboarding skills: 50+ WPM
• Experience with Internet research
• Ability to read and interpret rules and procedures for courts and administrative agencies
• Proficient with IP calendaring software such as Patricia or CPi is preferred
• Extremely detail oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required as this person will interact with attorneys and support staff in all U.S. offices
• Must be able to work under deadline pressure/time sensitive circumstances
• Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
• Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new processes and new software and web-based applications
• Outstanding analytical and reading comprehension skills
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
• High School Diploma required
• Undergraduate degree preferred
• Two years of IP docket experience is preferred
• Familiarity with ICANN procedures strongly preferred
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. EOE m/f/d/v/so