Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Business Development and Marketing department in Chicago.
The Proposal/Business Development specialist will provide support to the Proposal Center Manager and Supervisor, Marketing and Business Development personnel, as well as firm lawyers in connection with proposals and other initiatives to develop new business and expand client relationships. This includes collaborating with other members of the firm on the drafting, editing and production of pitches, proposals and other marketing materials.
• Assist with the coordination, customization and standardization of work product from multiple sources
• Edit, proofread and draft materials such as pitches, proposals, lawyer profiles and similar materials
• Create and manage Proposal Project Plans and utilize other project management tools to ensure consistency and timeliness of the pitch and proposal process
• Oversee efficient proposal production with a focus on ushering materials through the stages between the inception of an RFP or similar opportunity to the delivery of the final product to the lead lawyer(s)
• Assist with the tracking of pitch and proposal activity, including follow-up activities with marketing and business development personnel and lawyers to determine, document and share results and best practices
• Assists with reporting functions
• Maintains repositories of information such as accolades and other material
• Assists with other marketing and business development activities on an as needed basis including Client Teams activities and other firm wide initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, English or a communication field
• At least four years of work experience in marketing, writing and/or project/production management in the professional services arena (e.g. law, accounting, or consulting) or in a comparable position in the corporate, trade association or academic sectors
• Law firm and pitch/proposal experience is a plus
• Must be computer literate, strong MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Experience with proposal generation system and/or desktop publishing a plus
• Exceptional writing and editing skills; attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and take initiative; strong leadership qualities
• Exceptional project management capabilities; ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
• Team-first orientation
• Ability to deal professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. EOE m/f/d/v/so