Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
The Lead Analyst will advance the Firm’s Legal Project Management (LPM) strategic initiatives by primarily focusing on supporting lawyers in their use of the Firm’s global matter management and budgeting software and related LPM framework. Will also help to design and implement new processes and procedures in relation to the global LPM function.
• Provide functional support for Firm's matter management/budgeting tool
• Assist partners in the development of budgets, monitor matter budgets against actual performance, provide advice in relation to improving matter financial performance
• Work in a consultative role with legal teams to apply sound pricing and project management principles to the planning, budgeting and execution of legal matters with the aim of increasing efficiencies, enhancing client communications and improving financial performance
• Track performance against budgets, including preparation of client status update reports
• Implement, provide feedback and continually help to refine new business processes and procedures in relation to the global LPM function
• Coaching/training partners and associates in use of the tool
• Perform ad hoc projects and analysis as directed
• Bachelors in finance, accounting, economics, or business-related discipline preferred
• Paralegal or other legal education preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in project or practice management, financial analysis or similar discipline, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment
• Advanced user of MS Office – particularly Excel and SharePoint required
• Experience with web-based applications, databases, and SQL reporting preferred
• Experience with Prosperoware Umbria will weigh heavily in the candidate’s favor
• Experience providing functional support for operational/business IT systems, including the ability to work with remote users and troubleshoot software and/or user errors, is a large plus
• Experience with designing, documenting, and implementing business processes is desirable
• Experience developing and presenting custom reports, training materials, and classroom/seminar presentations
• Sound understanding of project management principles and ability to translate traditional project management theory into a legal context and provide related coaching and advice to lawyers
• Ability to create strong successful working relationship with partners and staff alike. Strong team player with ability to listen to others opinions and propose creative workable solutions to problems
• Able to articulate points of view clearly and succinctly, with excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Credible in communication with a wide variety of personnel and personalities including partners, business development personnel, finance & accounting team and Firm management
• Ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. EOE m/f/d/v/so