Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 25 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Information Technology department, in Chicago, as a Client Pricing & Rate Analytics Lead Analyst.
- Provide support and counsel to lawyers and other firm personnel in pricing and managing the financial aspects of individual client engagements
- Summarize the financial impact of existing rate arrangements and develop and recommend revisions as agreements are renewed
- Support updates and revisions to existing rate arrangements, implement/apply finalized agreements and ensure that rates and other key matter data are properly assigned on an ongoing basis
- Serve as the initial/primary point of contact for assigned clients on rate, pricing and reporting issues and coordinate client facing reporting
- Review and summarize client billing policies to determine the impact to ongoing matter management and the invoicing process
- Coordinate and execute the annual bill rate setting process in the U.S.
- Provide functional and administrative support for Firm's matter management/budgeting tool and coach Partners and Associates in its use and assist the same in the development of matter budgets
- Work with matter responsible Partners, assist in the monitoring of actual performance against budget for in-process matters
- Work directly with Firm Partners to develop rate, fee estimates and pricing options in response to client RFP’s and ad-hoc requests
- Prepare analysis to support proposed fee arrangements, including financial impact and viability of proposed pricing arrangements and facilitate approval of same
- Post matter financial analysis and provision of associated pricing and business insight to Partners, pricing and business development teams
- Assist with the development and maintenance of budgeting templates and other tools for use by Partners and client financial management team
- Additional related responsibilities as directed by department management