Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 25 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Finance Operations department, in Chicago, as a Billing Analyst.
- Represent the Finance Operations Department and work as a key member of the team, providing full-service support to attorneys on all billing related functions
- Edit, prepare, and process attorneys' invoices accurately and in a timely manner, while partnering with the billing attorney to fully understand the details of his/her billing practices and client guidelines
- Conduct any necessary research to resolve billing issues and ensure compliance with client guidelines and agreement
- Generate and distribute prebills, assist with month end processing, draft correspondence, perform time and expense transfers and edits, generate reports, prepare invoices, manage timeliness of billing, allocate unapplied funds, perform write-offs, cancellations, and post and mail bills
- Ensure accuracy of work product, determine appropriate bill formats, meet ethical standards, recommend process improvement, prepare spreadsheets or supplemental billing documents, manage client billing requirements, understand fee arrangements, prepare bills for electronic processing, troubleshoot issues, coordinate necessary matter changes, and other billing related projects as necessary
- Provide high-level customer service on all billing related tasks. Is expected to be fully available during peak or critical periods
- May also be required to perform duties related to eBilling submission, utilizing electronic billing knowledge to ensure that clients receive electronic invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Submit electronic invoices through vendors, manage status of electronic bill rejections, other eBilling duties as assigned
- Maintain a daily working knowledge and mastery of client guidelines as they pertain to electronic billing
- Assist with Support Inboxes and overflow as needed
- Act as a backup to team members and be proactive in assisting others to ensure deadlines are met timely
- Continually offer suggestions for improvements in Billing related processes
- Overtime may be required during peak periods