Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 24 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Business Development and Marketing department, in Chicago, as a Proposal/Business Development Supervisor.
The position is primarily responsible for producing effective proposals and targeted pitch and presentation materials, including responses to formal RFPs. The position requires drafting new content as well as compiling and editing content prepared by others, and strong and effective project management. The individual in this position will direct content development and compile input from global BD&M personnel and from personnel from other firm departments, and will need to do so with a collaborative approach.
- Assisting two Proposal Center Managers with implementing global proposal processes and protocols, proposal automation systems and business development team initiatives, as well as collaborating with partners and other senior staff
- Drafting, editing, proofreading and producing materials such as pitches, proposals, and lawyer profiles, as well as collateral for other Firm initiatives
- Leading the proposal writing process—creating and managing Proposal Project Plans and utilizing other project management tools to ensure consistency and timeliness; overseeing efficient proposal production with a focus on ushering materials through the stages between the inception of an RFP to the delivery of the final product; collaborating with the Proposal Center team, BD&M team members, professionals in other firm departments and firm lawyers to develop complete and responsive proposals; and assisting with the strategic direction, coordination, customization and standardization of work product from multiple sources
- Serving as the project manager for pitch and proposal initiatives, and working closely with firm lawyers and members of the BD&M team to ensure that relevant materials are high-quality, strategic and reflective of best practices in the marketplace
- Contributing to the daily operations of the proposal center, including assisting others with projects that they are managing, including assisting with drafting, editing and producing materials
- Providing input, direction and training pertaining to the development and management of proposal center tools and content, and communicates and documents processes
- Directing and assisting with the maintenance of information repositories, such as accolades, practice descriptions, firm information and documentation and other material
- Providing strategic thinking and ideas on structuring, managing and enhancing the firm’s proposal/pitch approach – including our client facing messages and presentation and our internal processes
- Collaborating with global BD&M team members and other stakeholders on shared projects and areas of responsibility such as practice specific materials, IT security surveys, accounting reports and client research and analysis
- Reporting on pitch and proposal activity and performance, including follow-up activities with marketing and business development personnel and lawyers to determine, document and share results regarding best practices