Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 25 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Business Development and Marketing department, in Chicago, as a Marketing and Business Development Manager. This position will primarily support the Corporate and Securities practices including select industry groups, while working closely with other members of the global team to ensure a fully integrated marketing and business development program.
- Support Director(s), Assistant Director(s) and other key firm personnel in managing marketing functions and practice development and market research functions for the Transactional practices
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities to ensure that assignments and projects are effectively managed and in alignment with the firm’s overall strategic efforts, and that service to clients is exceptional
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and mentoring of a junior-level business development resource
- Develop and support annual marketing and business development practice group plans focused on priorities outlined by practice leaders and lawyer teams, including thought leadership platforms, communications and client outreach
- Collaborate with marketing and business development department leadership and practice leaders to develop annual budgets to support initiatives outlined in group business plan(s) or as outlined by leadership, including specifying key strategic and tactical objectives and the means to achieve annual goals
- Support responses to RFPs, pitches, presentations and other opportunities via the development of written proposal and presentation materials and liaise with client teams when relevant
- Manage and direct marketing and business development client development programs for assigned departments and practices
- Provide support for seminars, sponsorships, and other events pursued by the firm and select offices
- Engage in research and analysis and competitive intelligence-gathering for strategic planning, competitive firm positioning and business development activities
- Support integration of lateral lawyers via preparation of biographies and announcements, distribution of announcements, integration of contacts into firm’s CRM system, collection and integration of experience for and into department and practice materials, coordination with Communications team as to internal and external communications relating to lawyer(s)’arrival at Mayer Brown
- Manage continuous communications and interaction with departmental and practice/ leadership, including responsibility for periodic meetings, reports, analysis, progress monitoring, etc.
- Develop and maintain league table/industry survey content and respond to league table/industry surveys
- Support coordination of business development training for lawyers
- Periodically review and consult with lawyers regarding their bios and practice descriptions to ensure that they are kept current
- Support the collection and maintenance of CRM-based contact and other data for marketing planning and for mailing lists