Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 25 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Human Resources department in Chicago, Washington DC or London as an Assistant Director of Global Alumni Relations.
The implementation of a global alumni program is one of the strategic initiatives for Mayer Brown in 2018. Following implementation, the program will be one of our core strategic relationship programs.
The Assistant Director of Global Alumni Relations will lead this strategic initiative which will dramatically enhance the Firm's alumni network. The successful candidate will work closely with leaders from across the Firm, our Human Resources and Business Development teams and our program consultant.
- Develop a program that is engaging and a “must have” for Mayer Brown alumni
- Work closely with Human Resources and Business Development Teams and alumni partners to develop and implement action plan for alumni engagement that supports the firm’s alumni strategy and business objectives
- Day- to-day management of the alumni software platform including approval of new registrations, posting and managing content and overseeing the data management processes. Responsible for overseeing product upgrades
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the alumni program and its supporting team contributors, as well as other assignments provided by the Global CHRO
- Develop career placement services and a referral network. Services may include assisting to fill client openings and helping with associate transitions - a value add for alumni and clients alike
- Track and report on the effectiveness of alumni efforts quarterly and identify new initiatives to support the program going forward
- Collaborate with staff members to exchange information and ensure that the initiatives and operations of the alumni program co-exist seamlessly with other business development and HR programming, including diversity and women initiatives
- Responsible for the annual global alumni program budget
- Coordinate with the Business Development team to develop and execute an external communications plan, including but not limited to alumni newsletters, thought leadership pieces, speaking opportunities, and social media outreach
- Develop internal messaging to communicate the value, benefits and goals of the alumni program
- Identify and execute alumni focused activities that will support the business development goals and objectives specified in the alumni strategic plan
- Plan and execute events, in conjunction with local office representatives, which may include regional or office-specific alumni-only events. Include alumni in firm seminars and other networking events and receptions
- Establish a common format for alumni events globally and create an alumni events toolkit for partners and marketing team members who support local alumni initiatives. This will assist them in organizing alumni events in a globally consistent manner
- Manage the global alumni list for accurate and complete records of contact, biographical, and career information of alumni